A well-established ship owner located in Singapore is seeking a Senior / Marine Superintendent on permanent position.
· Acting as shore liaison with the Masters of the vessels under his care – First point of contact.
· Ensuring the effective implementation of company SMS manual, assisting with Navigation audit, follow up of implementation of audit / incident close out / safety memo / Shipboard Safety committee etc.
· Promoting the health and welfare of shipboard personnel
· Providing navigational and operational (e.g. Berthing –unberthing, cargo and tank cleaning) information and support to Masters and commercial team.
· Ensuring the efficient and satisfactory performance of the vessels to charterers’ requirements.
· Assist in selecting suitable Master, deck officers & ratings for vessels under his care.
· Verifying the work and performance of Master, deck officers and rating.
· Conducting inspections of the vessels in line with SIRE / CDI, submit the sailing report on completion.
· Attend to Oil Major’s vetting requirements of vessels under his care.
· Understanding of relevant rules, regulations, code and guidance that relate to job description,
· Keep abreast, update and implement new rules, regulations and legislations applicable to vessel under his care
· Assist in implementing various rules and regulations, initiatives (e.g. ECDIS / SEEMP etc)
· Assist in preparing, implementing and monitoring DECK Maintenance Programs (PMS-DECK)
· Assist in prepare and monitor budget, expenses, purchases and cost control related to Deck department
· Other duties as may be delegate by Department head or Management.
· Possess Certificate of Competency (Master – Unlimited with dangerous cargo endorsement (Oil & Chemical)
· Preferably to have 2 years experiences as Master in Tanker vessel and relevant shore based experience.
· Good communication skills in English
· Able and willing to travel overseas to visit or sail with company vessels or other assigned vessels as and when required
If you are interested, please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Resume in words format
· Availability or Notice period with present company
· Current or last drawn remuneration package
· Expected annual salary