A well-established marine company located in Singapore is seeking a Sub-Contracting Manager on permanent position.
· S$ 6500 per month
· Variable Bonus, depends on Company’s performance
· S$ 500 per annum for outpatient medical reimbursement
· Insurance covered for: Group H&S, Group Term Life, Group PA and Workmen Compensation Insurance
· 14 days annual leave
· 14 days medical leave
· Other leaves as per MOM regulations
· Working hours, 5 days per week, 8 am to 530 pm. Need to work a 0.5 day Saturday once a month
· To read and prepare the contract specifications guidelines for executives.
· To have a look ahead plan and identify potential subcontractors for contract award and negotiation.
· To verify the awarded price is within the budget or to achieve the optimum price level to increase profitability for the company.
· To handle all required legal documents with respect to Letter of Indemnity, Workmen Insurances,, bank guarantees, etc.
· To be keep a latest update on any changes in the Ministry of Manpower regulations and disseminate to the department.
· To verify cost estimation is accurate and proper.
· To monitor and ensure Works Order are issued within the shortest time possible if
· possible not more than 2 days after contract negotiation. Refer to flow chart.
· To provide assistance to subordinates to handle complaints from Production Departments as and when required concerning poor progress or quality work from subcontractors.
· To verify any additional Claims or Contract Variations from subcontractors are proper and are captured either in the claims to clients, or due to delays from Production Departments and verification from Project Manager as required.
· To keep abreast of subcontracting news in the market on current market pricing and trends.
· To verify accurate information in the Works Order prepared by junior executives prior to issuance to subcontractors.
· To approve subcontractors invoices before submission to Finance Department.
· To update and maintain the Subcontract Tariff Book.
· To source and increase the Subcontractor Pool.
· To perform periodically subcontractor’s assessment.
· To analyze and maintain a proper quota issuance system.
· To attend to any other matters related to subcontracting as and when delegated by the Senior Manager including meetings.
· Update / Keep up department procedure document and flow.
· At least Diploma / Degree in Engineering, preferably with Certificate in Business Management.
· Min 5 - 8 years of experience liaises with sub-contractors with 3 years of managerial roles at similar industry preferred.
· Fluent in English and Mandarin speaking.
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Project management and coordination experience preferred.
· Strong teamwork, high level of responsibility and able to adapt in fast paced environment.
· Be able to integrate and contribute within a team environment
If you are interested, please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Resume in words format
· Availability or Notice period with present company
· Current or last drawn remuneration package
· Expected annual salary