An international trading firm located in Singapore is seeking an Operations Manager on permanent position. Budget is up to SGD 8000 per month + AWS with all staff benefits.
1. Overall responsible for crude oil and all petroleum products related to operational matters. Requires to handle cargo and ship operations including but not limited to following:
Takes ownership of deal cycle from drafting of contracts to cargo and shipping operations and documentation.
Applies understanding of GT&Cs and Charter Parties and managing cargo and shipping issues in line with the contract and Charter Party requirements.
Manage and optimize storage tanks & product blending.
Establish a strong relationship with external (counter-parties, surveyors, agents, storage terminals, etc.).
Provide guidance and support to Operation Executives in their dialysis work activities and render necessary back up support.
2. To support Head of Operations to lead operations in driving operations performance which include but not limited to following:
Proactively manage demurrage to minimize exposure/liability.
Manage operations related issues
Provide cargo assurance (quality & quantity) and security supply to customers
Anticipate and formulate operating strategies to optimize value and manage risk
Ensure the operation team operates within standard operating standards
3. Deep understanding of book strategy and applies understanding of market drivers to optimize value of transaction contributing to consistent delivery of distinctive value-added intervention.
4. Implements effective cargo assurance procedures, providing assurance on quality and quantity issues & investigation, resolving claims and disputes effectively for the operations team.
5. Work closely with Trading, Legal, Finance and Risk to ensure each transaction is carried out timely, accurately and professionally.
6. Build and maintain key relationship for the business activities and fosters relationships across all stakeholders. Demonstrates ability to influence others in pursuit of commercial optimization for specific operations activities
7. Anticipates and manages crisis situation and to support emergency role as and when the situation demand
8. Source market intelligence for Trading to make better decision
9. Work closely with traders in providing ideas or strategies to improve operational efficiencies especially with regard to storage and cargo optimization, and evaluate blending component.
10. Provide technical and operations advices and support on projects for the Business Development Team.
11. Spearheads technical due diligence support on business related matters.
12. Provide expertise and advises on all cargo assurance matters including products blending.
13. Engage in other work areas within the company, such as cover for Head of Operations, which include attending MCM, CRM, IGC and other internal meetings when required.
14. Any ad-hoc tasks as assigned by Management in other work areas within the Company.
Diploma/Degree in any discipline
Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in petroleum / oil related / energy trading
Knowledge in LC and shipping documentations
Independent, meticulous and self-motivated individual who possesses good interpersonal and communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft office.
Bilingual in both English & Mandarin
If you are interested, please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume in words format
Availability or Notice period with present company
Current or last drawn remuneration package
Expected annual salary