An international vessel owner located in Singapore is seeking a Fleet Superintendent (HSE/Ops/Tech) on permanent position.
· Monitoring of daily reports and follow up where required.
· Monitoring of all electronic submissions required from the vessel as per the Electronic Document Submission requirements
· Completion of the weekly fleet status reports.
· Ensure all operational shipboard safety and environmental practices are carried out in accordance with international regulations and Company procedures.
· Stop unsafe work.
· Oversee the process of corrective action with respect to non-conformities that have been raised on the fleets’ vessels.
· Ensure that the safety and environmental training needs of all subordinate staff are identified and properly met.
· Review minutes of the safety meetings held onboard and providing feedback where required.
· Act as a Team Member of the Emergency Response Team when required.
· Act part of the Internal Audit Team conduct internal audits as and when required by the HSEQ MS.
· Provide assistance as requested by the HSEQ Manager to establish the root cause in an incident and/or accident investigation. Take part in any follow-up review of lessons learned.
· Take emergency response ‘on call’ duty on rotational basis.
· Efficient operation of vessels with investigation and reporting of any unplanned downtime.
· Plan, control and execute all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements and build and maintain effective liaisons with relevant authorities.
· Coordinate with the Operations Manager and Technical Manager to ensure availability of the vessels for all Class surveys.
· Regularly visit vessels and conduct inspections.
· Be accountable for all operational aspects of vessel expenditure and ensure this remains within budgetary levels (as advised by management) and take appropriate action to bring costs to budget level where required. Any potential unbudgeted expenditure must be flagged to the Operations Manager without delay.
· To keep line management regularly updated on your fleet operations.
· Ensuring customer requirements are met by Operations.
· Report to external parties on Operations issues when necessary and appropriate.
· Responsible for reviewing Master’s reviews and providing feedback to the vessels. Also responsible for bringing any issues raised to the attention of the relevant personnel.
· Meet clients and represent the Company at meetings with same when requested.
· Meet suppliers and represent the Company at meetings with same when requested.
· Provide support to the chartering department when preparing tender documents particularly with regards to vessel specifications and capabilities.
· Give the DPA active support in the performance of his duties.
· Contribute to any Insurance claims and liaise as appropriate with the client and Underwriters' representatives throughout the claim process.
· Approval of team members’ expenses.
· In exceptional circumstances you may be required to join the vessel if your qualifications allow.
· Coordinate with the Crewing Departments with regards to crew changes and crew qualification requirements.
· Responsible for conducting interviews for senior officers.
· Familiarisation of new personnel with company vessels and our VMS.
· To identify training requirements for crew within your fleet.
· Provide in-house/on the job training for crew as and when required.
· Build and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with senior ships staff.
· Conduct Senior Officer Performance Appraisals when requested to do so by the Crewing Dept in accordance with HSEQ MS procedures and play an active role in their career development.
· Issue warning letters and fines in line with disciplinary procedures.
· Debrief senior officers after demobilisation when required.
· Through close and cooperative liaison with the Technical personnel responsible for your designated Fleet ensure the repair of all reported deficiencies, damages and non-conformities are cleared with minimal delays.
· Approval of vessel initiated work lists and duration of port calls.
· Approval of vessel stores lists.
· Authorise without delay all undisputed vessel orders for stores, spares, repairs and survey within financial limit of authority. Take appropriate action to ensure the vessel remains adequately stocked for safe and efficient operation and obtain the Client's approval for any unbudgeted expenditure.
· Approval of all expenditure within prevailing limits of authority.
If you are interested, please send the following details to email@example.com
· Resume in words format
· Availability or Notice period with present company
· Current or last drawn remuneration package
· Expected annual salary