An international company located in Singapore is seeking an Operations Executive on permanent position.
· Takes ownership of deal cycle from drafting of contracts to cargo and shipping operations and documentation.
· Applies understanding of GT&Cs and charter parties and managing cargo and shipping issues in line with the contract and charter-party requirements.
· Implements effective shipping and cargo assurance procedures, providing assurance on quality and quantity issues & investigation, resolving claims and disputes effectively.
· Deep understanding of book strategy and applies understanding of market drivers to optimize value of transaction contributing to consistent delivery of distinctive value-added intervention.
· Timely submission of demurrage claims to ensure no time-bar issues. Actively seeking ways to minimize delays and ship operating costs.
· Good understanding of storage contract terminology, storage agreement and awareness of terminal infrastructure and operational flexibilities. Manages stock inventories and terminal operational performances. Actively seeking ways to optimize our storage tanks.
· Follow through each cargo delivery by working closely with surveyor and shipping agents to help manage and mitigates cargo and shipping operational risks. Anticipate problems and take proactive actions to ensure smooth delivery, optimize value and proactively minimize demurrage exposure.
· Work closely with Trading, Legal, Finance and Risk to ensure each transaction is carried out timely, accurately and professionally.
· Ensure LCs are timely issued and received within contractual obligations and compliance requirements.
· Develop business process improvements, and is proactive and constructive in challenging others.
· Build and maintain key relationship for the business activities and fosters relationships across all stakeholders and within own department. Demonstrates ability to influence others in pursuit of commercial optimization for specific operations activities.
· Coach team members and other operators as and when required.
· Ensure cargo and storage insurance coverage within own bench is being managed.
· Anticipates and manages crisis situation and to support emergency role as and when the situation demand. Source market intelligence and share among the team members and Traders for better decision making.
· Operates within Delegation of Authority (DOA), Management Directives (MD) and Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Maintain timely and accurate records in relevant system and spreadsheets.
· Any ad-hoc tasks as assigned by Management not limiting to providing cover and support to other benches and wider operations as and when required.
· Diploma/Degree in any discipline
· Minimum 3 years’ of relevant experience in petroleum / petrochemicals / oil related / energy trading
· Knowledge in LC and shipping documentations
· Independent, meticulous and self-motivated individual who possesses good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrates drive, strong interpersonal skills and possesses both team player and leadership qualities
· Proficient in Microsoft office
If you are interested, please send the following details to email@example.com
· Resume in words format
· Availability or Notice period with present company
· Current or last drawn remuneration package
· Expected annual salary